Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A note on this proudly biased site

I have stated this before here and here, but as it appears that some are exceptionally slow learners, I am writing this again for the benefit of those people.

This is a proudly black site. This is a proudly feminist site. This is also a proudly left-wing site. Additionally, this is a proudly moderated site. I started it because, well initially I just wanted a place to write stuff, but also because I wanted to claim a space in the www for an Aboriginal feminist lefty to express opinion in a way that we do not tend to get to opportunity to do in the Australian mainstream media. See, the Australian media is dominated by white men, and it is also 70% controlled by the Murdoch Press; hardly a radical left-wing organisation that's for damn sure. 

So I am dedicated to not replicating that continual cacophony of white male right-wing opinion in this forum and proclaim my little corner of cyberspace to be proudly biased. Black opinion, feminist opinion and left-wing opinion will be actively promoted here, and if you don't like that then you are free to start your own blog or post in forums that are more inline with your persuasions. God knows there are plenty.

I will occasionally allow dissenting views from people that respond to my posts, particularly if I think they are well thought-out and detailed responses. But I will not tolerate those who feel the need to "whitemansplain" stuff to me via sprawling diatribes. I've had a lifetime of your opinion. I will also not tolerate trolls. And I will not tolerate those that harass other people who post on this page for those ones are the utter scum of the earth. I am utterly disgusted that this has happened to some commentators on here and if I get even a sniff that someone is actively seeking to abuse others I will, from now on, simply block those people. 

So again, if you feel silenced by my stance, post elsewhere. The WWW is a vast playground and there is more than enough room for you to exist in another space. You can even express those opinions you think I need to read in full and unmoderated ways! Okay?    

3 comments:

  1. go girl. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **applause** Glad to see another fab woman sticking to her guns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant! I've only just discovered your blog and shall be trawling through all your posts. I really like what you have to say and am glad that someone more articulate than myself is saying it.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete